I’m Wendy Young and I help business owners manage their online reputations. This newsletter is all about sharing helpful and practical tips for the business owner who does it all. If you’d like to unsubscribe, the link is at the bottom of the email… but I hope you stick around!
How is your Monday (or are you reading this on Tuesday)? In case you missed last week, tip #1 was about taking action. Message me if you’d like to read it.
Today, we’re uncovering and exploring the mindset to “Understand your business creation process.” Now this is a huge topic. Depending on where you are in your business, it still applies. So, go through and determine which step you’re at and then jump to the appropriate challenge for the week:
- Discovery Phase: currently identifying opportunities and shaping them into viable business concepts
- Testing Phase: running a market research test to analyze and assess whether there is enough demand for that business idea
- Goal-setting Phase: creating your business plan
- Action Phase: launching your business
- Working Phase: growing your business
- Final Phase: figuring out who to exit your business
My encouragement for you:
Okay, did you figure out which step you’re currently at? Take that number and go to the challenges below. I encourage you to take actionable steps off the article I’m providing as a place to start working through so you can move forward.
- Discovery Phase: read this article and spend some time brainstorming and write your top ideas down.
- Testing Phase: this article reveals a traditional way to prove your concept and this article takes you through a process and journey of testing methods. Either way, start developing a testing strategy for your business ideas.
- Goal-setting Phase: this link will show you the traditional business plan model and this is my personal business plan. Feel free to make a copy and start filling it out with your business in mind.
- Action Phase: this article gives great tips on the process to an exciting launch, so start working through and making your own plans to make a splash!
- Working Phase: you may think this is the most mundane phase of them all; but this is where the rubber meets the road (if you’ll pardon an overused phrase). Read this blog post to learn about excellent marketing strategies that will set you apart from your competitors.
- Final Phase: Check out this article and then start planning and writing out your chosen strategy.
As always, my goal is to be as helpful as humanly possible. Please do reach out with questions or suggestions for topics you’d like me to discuss.